Add custom filters in standard filters and group by dropdowns
This module allows to define custom filters to be shown under the standard filters and group by menus of a model’s search view.
Table of contents
- Go to Settings > Custom Filters.
- Create a new Custom Filter, and define following information:
- The Model for which you are defining the filter.
- The Type depending on whether you want to add a filter or a grouping by by a field.
- The Domain that will be applied with the filter.
- The Group By Field used to perform the group by.
- The Group to have filters under the same separator.
- You can reorder records from the list view with the arrow handle. This will determine the order in which they appear in the filters/groupby menu.
- A separator is added between each custom filter added. You can create Custom Filter Groups to group filters that you want to have displayed under the same separator.
- Go to the model’s menu entry for which you have defined the filter.
- On the filters and group by dropdowns, you will see the configured filters.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/server-ux project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.