Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 01/06/2021
Hi and welcome! We’re happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘The Odoo Store’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run The Odoo Store website.
The Odoo Store helps millions of people around the world to get the most out of their Odoo software. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a member of our community. You will have an Odoo Store account that will allow you to buy and sell items like the ones found on The Odoo Store website and make other related transactions.
The Odoo Store is a website that allows members to buy and sell licenses to use digital items like Odoo apps, Odoo themes, e-documentation and much more. On The Odoo Store, buyers and vendors transact with each other directly and we provide the platform to allow the transactions to happen. If you have an Odoo Store account, any transactions are logged on your member’s account, which records the payments made by you to vendors via The Odoo Store (as a buyer) and by buyers via The Odoo Store to you (as an vendor).
The items on The Odoo Store are owned by the vendors, not by us. The items on The Odoo Store are uploaded at the direction of the vendor. We provide the platform services; we do not take ownership of the items.
During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of The Odoo Store website is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms.
Age: You need to be 18 years or over to become a member or to buy items. If you’re under 18 you will need to get a parent or guardian to buy items or use the account of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, with their permission, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
The Odoo Store account: Membership is and will always be free. When you become a member you get an Odoo Store account that is accessible from our website www.theodoostore.com. Your membership will allow you to buy items from vendors, participate in our online community, and generally contribute to our ecosystem of The Odoo Store that help people get the most out of their Odoo. Membership also gives you the opportunity to become a vendor or earn income by selling apps, themes, etc.
Your responsibility: You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and, if you sign up for an Odoo Store account, that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a current email address). Your membership is not transferable, that means you cannot sell your account. You are responsible for any use of The Odoo Store website including any activity that occurs in conjunction with your username and password, if you have Odoo Store account. So keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password. If you realise there’s any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately. You must not use a virtual private network or VPN or any other means to avoid compliance with these terms and conditions, or for any fraudulent or illegal reasons.
3. How buying items works
This section will help you understand what you are buying when you purchase an item and how that transaction takes place on The Odoo Store.
- Apps: When you buy an app, you acquire an e-mail with a download link to the app. Through this link you can download the app and install it.
- Themes: When you buy a theme, you acquire an e-mail with a download link to the theme. Through this link you can download the theme and install it.
- E-documentation: When you buy an e-documentation, you acquire an e-mail with a download link to the e-documentation. Through this link you can download the document and open it.
- Highlight: The Odoo Store offers a special feature where you can be highlighted at our website. This way you can attract some extra attention. You can choose to feature an app, a theme, documentation or a partner. You can also choose the duration of this highlight. Your choices result in a price for your specific request. We’ll make sure the highlight of the item for the specific duration you paid for will take place on the agreed terms. For more information see our Certifications & Highlights page.
- Buyer Services: In addition to the use of the website, when you buy an item you also receive buyer services from The Odoo Store like 7/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyer services.
The total price for an item on The Odoo Store is made up of:
- Item price: The item price is made up of an item fee.7
- Vendor fee: This is the fee for the vendor who is selling the item.
- Handling fee: In some transactions on The Odoo Store the total checkout price may include a handling fee (for example for PayPal).
- Taxes: Some transactions on The Odoo Store may be subject to tax that may be added to the price.
4. Transacting as a buyer
If you have an Odoo Store account, you can make payments by using the ‘Add to cart’ function. When using this feature you will be redirected through a checkout & a payment method provider flow.
Currency conversion costs: You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to a transaction on The Odoo Store. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees). This means that you may incur additional costs when purchasing from The Odoo Store, which we have no control over.
Terms of buying: When you buy an Odoo Store item you’re doing so on the following terms:
- you warrant to us and the vendor that you have carefully considered the suitability of your chosen item, and that you have chosen appropriately;
- you cannot cancel a completed purchase of an item;
- we and the vendors do not promise that any particular item will continue to be available on The Odoo Store so you should download and save the item as soon as you buy it;
- once you buy or download an item and the item has been paid for, you acquire an exclusive download link to the purchased item. This link will be available through the received e-mail for 30 days or for the lifetime of The Odoo Store itself in your account.
- the vendor retains ownership of the item unless stated otherwise in the licenses;
- your relevant details may be provided to the vendor of the item in order to facilitate the transaction, for example for invoicing and item support services.
Warranties we make: We warrant that The Odoo Store website will be suitable for the purposes described on the website, and that we will provide our platform services with reasonable skill and care.
Warranties vendors make: The vendor of an item you buy warrants to you that:
- the item is of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which it is sold;
- the item matches the description given by the vendor on the item preview page, as well as any item preview;
- they will honour any express warranties given to you that are not contained in these terms;
- the item and its description are not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the item and its description do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
- the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- they will process your data in accordance with applicable privacy law and data protection regulations.
- Australian GST, European VAT and US Sales Tax. Prices and fees for supplies made to you (whether by The Odoo Store or vendors) in connection with these terms exclude Australian GST, European VAT and US Sales Tax, unless stated otherwise on our site. If a supply is made to you under or in connection with these terms on which Australian GST, European VAT or US Sales Tax is imposed, any applicable fee that is charged for that supply is increased by, and you must also pay, an amount equal to the GST, VAT or US Sales Tax payable (by The Odoo Store or the vendor) on that supply.
- Other taxes. Prices, fees and charges are otherwise inclusive of other applicable taxes unless stated otherwise on our site. You are responsible for paying all such taxes and imposts associated with your use of The Odoo Store wherever levied. Your responsibility includes withholding tax if it applies, unless we already process that withholding tax. We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, which may be used for tax purposes (so location information you give us must be accurate for tax residency purposes).
Items with an incorrect price or incorrect information: Despite our reasonable efforts, items may occasionally be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this happens, we may cancel or reverse a transaction, even after it is completed and a payment has been processed. If we do this, we’ll promptly arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded and you must not use the item unless you re-purchase it at the correct price.
Given the nature of digital content, a refund or credit on a purchase is not granted unless one of the warranties given by the vendor in the previous section has been breached. If any of the warranties have been breached you can request support from the vendor (from within the sale order on your portal). If the vendor does not solve the issues and does not co-operate we provide a 100% refund to the buyer. The vendor will lose their 25% fee on their sale and have to return that amount to The Odoo Store. If you would like to request a refund, please contact [email protected] We will assess refunds on their merits, considering the digital nature of The Odoo Store items and the type of item preview that was available before purchase. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about an item;
- you bought an item by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;
- you ask for goodwill;
6. Becoming a vendor
If you want to get involved in our community as a vendor, you can sign up and create an account. Make sure to read our Vendor Guidelines first. Remember that if you become an vendor these terms will continue to apply, along with the Vendor Guidelines you’ll sign up to as a vendor.
7. Intellectual Property
What we own: We own all the Odoo Store content that we have put on The Odoo Store website (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others). This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the Odoo Store website, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on The Odoo Store. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on The Odoo Store (unless otherwise stated and excluding these things owned by others). You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our Odoo Store content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
What we don’t own: We do not own the items on The Odoo Store website; our vendors do. Items are uploaded at the direction of the vendor. So we cannot take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the items. We do not warrant that the items or any member content, code, data or materials available on or via The Odoo Store do not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. (Each vendor provides promises to you directly when you purchase their item – see chapter 4).
Copyright, trademark and intellectual property claims: We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we require that vendors do the same. If you believe that an item or member content infringes an intellectual property right (including copyright) please contact us at [email protected]
Model and property releases: Items are available for commercial use (unless stated otherwise by the vendor on an item page). Vendors are responsible for obtaining and keeping a model or property release if one is needed; please ask the vendor directly if you need a copy of a release.
8. Our use of your information
Privacy: We respect your privacy and process your personal information as safe as we can. You can find more information on our GDPR page.
Confidential Information: We value your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. While using The Odoo Store website, you may also become aware of confidential information about us or another member. You promise to not disclose any confidential information made available to you through The Odoo Store website to any other person.
9. Playing fair
Personal details: publishing your contact details publicly on The Odoo Store is done at your own risk. We’d advise you to think well about which details you’d like to publish as they will be available for anyone to read and use.
Content removal: We can look at or remove any of your content for any reason at our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, if we receive a valid copyright take-down notice or General IPR Notice, if we think that the content is unauthorised, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that your use of The Odoo Store website and any content might result in liability to us or anyone else.
Community participation: We take great pride in our global and thriving community—it’s part of what makes The Odoo Store great. We focus on transparency and mutual respect.
10. Linking, apps made by others
Linking to The Odoo Store: We’d be delighted if you decide to link to The Odoo Store website from other sites but you have to link to a full version of a page and not link directly to an image or file hosted on The Odoo Store website. That includes no "in-line" linking methods resulting in images hosted on The Odoo Store being displayed on other sites. You must not "frame" any Odoo Store pages by surrounding those pages with someone else’s content, materials or branding. We reserve the right to insist that any link to The Odoo Store be discontinued, and to revoke your ability to link to The Odoo Store website.
Links from The Odoo Store: The Odoo Store website may contain links to other non-Odoo store sites. We have no control or responsibility over anything on those sites, and do not endorse or sponsor those sites, even if they are affiliated to us.
Third party developers: We welcome the contribution of our members and broader community, who offer applications that work with The Odoo Store. You will need to form your own view about these applications and their developers; we’re not able to warrant or endorse those applications and disclaim liability relating to these applications.
11. Legal Housekeeping
Eligibility, suspension or termination: Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for community members who follow our terms and policies and treat other community members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we may, using reasonable discretion, decide whether or not your use of The Odoo Store complies with these terms and our policies. We can suspend or terminate your Odoo Store account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you:
- breach these terms or any terms applicable to any of your Odoo Store accounts;
- breach any of our policies;
- act in a way that does not align with the values of our community;
- act in a way that could cause us or members harm.
12. Liability and indemnity - between us and you
We provide The Odoo Store website and the platform services, not the items on
The Odoo Store website itself.
You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, a third party claim against us relating to your use of The Odoo Store and any content you post to The Odoo Store (including, if you are a vendor, your items).
If you are a buyer, you agree that we are not responsible for, and you release us from liability arising out of or in connection with:
- the items on The Odoo Store;
- information provided by vendors about their items (including on any item page); and
- your use of items from The Odoo Store.
Our liability to you in connection with The Odoo Store or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
- we exclude liability for any of these things incurred by you: loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, damage to reputation, loss in connection with any other contract, loss of data, or indirect, consequential or special loss, damage or expense; and;
- our total liability to you is limited to the greater of EUR 50 and the total buyer fees paid by you in the 12 months before liability accrued.
13. Liability and indemnity - between vendors and buyers
Each vendor grants to each buyer of the vendor’s items a limited indemnity on the following terms:
- if another person makes a claim against a buyer that the buyer's use of the item in accordance with the terms of the applicable license infringes the intellectual property or other rights of that third party; and
- if that buyer promptly notifies the vendor of the claim and gives the vendor the option to control the defense of the claim (at the vendor’s cost), then the vendor will indemnify the buyer against damages finally awarded by a court against the buyer or any settlement damages agreed to by the vendor regarding that claim.
The liability of each vendor to their buyers is otherwise limited, for each item purchased, to the vendor’s earnings from the payment for that item, except to the extent that the vendor’s liability arises from wilful misrepresentations made about the item.
Availability: We strive to have The Odoo Store website available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week but you know how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access The Odoo Store, and this might happen for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of how The Odoo Store works. The Odoo Store will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
Third Party: If you're agreeing to these terms on behalf of someone else (like your employer), then you're promising to us that you have full legal authority to bind that third party.
Blocking a member, disabling an account or refusing to process a payment: We may block you, terminate any of your Odoo Store accounts or refuse to process a payment, including withholding your account balance indefinitely, if we reasonably believe there is a risk associated with you, your Odoo Store account, or that payment, including if it breaches a law or regulation. Examples of where we might do this include transactions where we suspect the payment is from or to a person or country sanctioned by an authority (like the United Nations, the United States government or the Australian government); or where we reasonably believe there is a legal or regulatory risk or a risk of loss being suffered by us or our members. You warrant that you are not located in a sanctioned country and are not on a sanctioned persons list. You also warrant that you will not purchase items on The Odoo Store using funds sourced from a sanctioned country. We may also block members from a country if we can’t make payments to or from that country. You should check what payment methods are available in your country for making payments as a buyer or for withdrawing earnings as a vendor. We may take any of the actions stated in this section without notice and against all of your Odoo Store accounts you use on The Odoo Store website. If required by law we may forfeit existing deposits or earnings.
Relationship between the parties: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other member. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way. We are, however, an agent of the vendors only for the limited purposes of collecting Buy Now payments, the vendors’ providing warranties to buyers in section 4, to limit vendors' liability to buyer, and the disclaimer of vendors' liability to buyer.
Notices: Any notice you send us must be mailed to [email protected] Any notice we send to you will be emailed to your Odoo Store account email address.
Changes to The Odoo Store Terms: We may change these terms at any time and, if we make changes, we will take reasonable steps to let our community know about the changes. You can close your Odoo Store and terminate your agreement with us at any time if you do not agree to the changes. However, if you continue to use The Odoo store website after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
Interpretation: Words like 'include' and 'including' are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
Applicable Laws: We control and operate The Odoo Store from our office in Belgium. The laws of Belgium govern these terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there for the resolution of any dispute between us.
- Vendor: a member who makes items available for sale on The Odoo Store
- Buy now / Add to cart: includes downloading an item that is made available for purchase on The Odoo Store or that is purchased for you by another member.
- Buyer: a person who buys items on The Odoo Store
- The Odoo Store: When we refer to ‘The Odoo Store’, we’re talking about our website www.theodoostore.com
- The Odoo Store account: what you receive when you become a Member which gives you access to The Odoo Store website.
- The Odoo Store content: is all the content that we have put on The Odoo Store website and includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of The Odoo Store, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on The Odoo Store (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others like vendor content).
- EU Member State: the countries listed here: https://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htm
- Handling fee: the fee buyers may pay when using a payment method (for example: Paypal fees)
- Item price: the price buyers pay for the download to use an item
- Items: digital goods found on The Odoo Store like Odoo apps, Odoo themes, e-documentation and much more.
- Member: a person who signs up by creating an account and accepting these terms.
- Member's statement: the record of payments by you to The Odoo Store (as a buyer) and by The Odoo Store to you (as an vendor).
- Payment method: any payment agent or method we make available on The Odoo Store website.
- Total price: the price the buyer will pay in total, which consists of the item price, Odoo Store’s buyer fee and handling fee (if applicable) and any taxes that may be added.
- Your content: everything that you post on The Odoo Store website, or send via The Odoo Store to other members and to us including items, files, communications and materials.