Caldav and Carddav support
This module adds WebDAV support to Odoo, specifically CalDAV and CardDAV.
You can configure arbitrary objects as a calendar or an address book, thus make arbitrary information accessible in external systems or your mobile.
Table of contents
To configure this module, you need to:
- go to Settings / WebDAV Collections and create or edit your collections. There, you’ll also see the URL to point your clients to.
Note that you need to configure a dbfilter if you use multiple databases.
- much better UX for configuring collections (probably provide a group that sees the current fully flexible field mappings, and by default show some dumbed down version where you can select some preselected vobject fields)
- support todo lists and journals
- support configuring default field mappings per model
- support plain WebDAV collections to make some model’s records accessible as folders, and the records’ attachments as files (r/w)
- support configuring lists of calendars so that you can have a calendar for every project and appointments are tasks, or a calendar for every sales team and appointments are sale orders. Lots of possibilities
Backporting this to <=v10 will be tricky because radicale only supports python3. Probably it will be quite a hassle to backport the relevant code, so it might be more sensible to just backport the configuration part, and implement the rest as radicale auth/storage plugin that talks to Odoo via odoorpc. It should be possible to recycle most of the code from this addon, which actually implements those plugins, but then within Odoo.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us to smash it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/server-backend project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.