Account Renumber Wizard
This module extends the functionality of accounting to allow the accounting manager to renumber account moves by date only for admin.
The wizard, which is accesible from the “End of Period” menuitem, lets you select journals, periods, and a starting number. When launched, it renumbers all posted moves that match selected criteria (after ordering them by date).
It will recreate the sequence number for each account move using its journal sequence, which means that:
- Sequences per journal are supported.
- Sequences with prefixes and suffixes based on the move date are also supported.
Table of contents
To use this module, you need to:
- Be an accounting manager.
- Go to Accounting > Adviser > Renumber journal entries.
- Choose the First number of the journal entry that you want. It will be used to start numbering from there on.
- Choose the Starting date and Ending date, to set when you want the process to begin and end.
- Choose the journals where you want to perform the renumberings.
- Press Renumber.
Now, the wizard will locate all journal entries found in those journals and dates, and start numbering them without gaps in a sequential order that starts with the First number you chose and matches the entry date order.
If no matches are found, you will be alerted. Otherwise, you will be redirected to a view of all the entries that have been renumbered.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us to smash it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/account-financial-tools project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.