Account Document Reversal
By Odoo standard, when an account document is cancelled, its journal entry will be deleted completely. This module enhance the process, instead of deletion, it will create new reversed journal entry. This will help preserved the accounting history, which is strictly required by some country.
Following are documented provide this feature,
- Invoice (account.invoice)
- Payment (acccont.payment)
- Bank Statement (account.bank.statement.line)
Table of contents
To use document reversal, setup the document’s journal as following,
- Allow Cancelling = True
- Cancel method = Reversal (create reversed journal entries)
After configure document journal to allow cancel with reversal, it is ready to use.
- Cancel document as normally do, system will show new cancel wizard
- User can select cancel date and new journal (if different from the document) which will be used for the reversed journal entry
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us to smash it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/account-financial-tools project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.